It’s been an emotional day. Even the cake is in tiers!
Where to start…
Now that you’ve booked you’re venue, found the perfect dress and hired on your photographer, it’s time to think about your wedding cake and sweet table. A lot of brides leave this until the last minute thinking it’s easy peasy. That they’ll be able to book their baker a couple of months before their big day. This would be far from the truth. In this post you’ll better understand and be equipped when searching and booking your baker.
First things first, find a baker that has a lot of experience making cakes and sweet tables. The construction and delivery of the cake is key. An experienced baker will make sure that your cake stands up from time of delivery until your cake cutting pictures. You would also want to make sure your baker jives with your style. Every baker has their own unique style, so it’s important that you connect with their style.
When you do find that perfect baker, make sure to call and ask about their availability. Because we book up pretty quickly, if you’re last minute you may not get the baker you were hoping for. I would say give yourself a good 6 months before your wedding date. There are other aspects that go into booking your cake and sweet table that I will discuss below.
Yay! You’ve found your baker, she’s available and you’re excited she’s in tune with your style. So now it’s time to book you consult for your wedding cake and sweet table. This is crucial as this meeting will be filled with important information and they’ll be able to answer all your questions.
Here are some important questions to ask at your first consultation:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many wedding cakes do you make a year?
- How can you make the sweet table stand apart from the cake?
- Are you licensed and insured? (very important in my opinion)
- What is the average price of the wedding cake?
- What is the average price of a sweet table?
- How many people should we cater to for the cake and sweet table?
- Is the cake tasting included in the price?
- How can we proceed?
A sweet table WILL set your wedding apart
I’ve been in business for over 8 years and I know that ever time I set up a sweet table it blows everyone away! It’s a visual experience to satisfy all the sweet tooth’s in the room. The sweet table becomes the centerpiece of your wedding. Don’t be shy about allowing your guests to indulge. It’s your big day. The biggest takeaway from a wedding is the way the person felt and what they ate.
Here are some things to know about sweet tables:
- Not everyone will eat, but some will take more than their portion, so have enough for everyone
- colour and trend matter, especially when you want to match the theme of your wedding
- all rentals like platters and accessories come included in the set up
- any extra fees would be for backdrops, balloons, florals
- it’s a one stop shop, so the set up and take down is included
- ask about adding personalized details like monograms to the desserts to make it your own
I hope this helps you while you’re in the beginning stages of your cake and sweet table planning. Come back next week where will discuss flavours, design and other important aspects that go into your cake and sweet table.
In the mean time, if you’re all ready and would like to ask about our cake and sweet tables packages, contact us. We’re more than happy to start the planning process with you!
Until the next table, stay sweet!
Let's get creative!
We'd love to hear from you to start planning that sweet moment. Drop us a line or connect with us through our social media links!