Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
In my house, we LOVE apple crumble. It’s such a comfort food that I make it all year round. Since we’ve been cooped up at home, I’ve decided to bake more for my family.
As a business owner, dessert in our house is very sacred. Just because I bake for orders, doesn’t mean my kids get to have left overs… You have to be careful with spent on an order to be able to profit properly on each dessert made.
Our Favorite Recipe!
My all time go to recipe is Ina Garten’s recipe. It smells amazing while it’s being baked AND there is so much streusel. That’s the best part!
How to Make Apple Cumble
This recipe is super simple to make. Gather all your ingredients for the first [art of this recipe. Cut up the apples into small squares, add the lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and set aside.
Make the Streusel
Streusel is the foundation of an apple crumble (in my opinion). Everything goes into one bowl: flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, cold butter. You can use your hands or a mixer to combine them all together. You want a crumble, not a cookie base. Remember to allow the crumbs to fall apart form each other.
Layer your Ingredients
I use a round Corningware baking dish, like this one. Layer the apples in the bottom then spread the streusel on top. That’s it. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and bake for about 40 minutes. Some recipes ask you to bake for almost an hour. My oven is crazy hot, so I don’t need to bake it longer than that. You know your oven, if you feel that 40 minutes isn’t enough time, add an extra 5 minutes until you get to the hour.
Let me know how it goes if you make it.
Until the next table, stay sweet!
Easy Apple Crumble
- 5 lbs apple
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the Streusel Topping
- 1.5 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 lb cold butter
- Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel 5 lbs.of your favorite apples. Cut the apples into large chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Add the sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger to the apples. Mix together until they are completely coated. Set aside.
For the Streusel
- Dice 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) of cold butter and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, light brown sugar, oats to the mixing bowl.
- Mix using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer until the mixture is the size of small peas. You can also use your hands if you do not have a stand mixer.
- Layer the apples in your baking dish if you haven't already.
- Pour the streusel on top of the apples.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and set your timer to 40 minutes. The top should be golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven when ready and let cool.